Global Address List
Ways to search the Global Address List
Option 1: Using the GAL when sending an email
1. A useful way of using the GAL is when you are trying to compose an email. You can access this by clicking on the To… button in the message window.
2. The Global Address List will open and you can search for the person you want to email using the box in the top left. You can also select to search by "Name Only" or "More columns"
Option 2: Search using the main toolbar
1. Click in the Search People field in the top-right corner of the "Home" toolbar and type in the name of the person you are looking for. Outlook will automatically generate a list of users matching your search string.
2. Once you have found your contact, click on their name to open up more details. You should now see a quick view of the user’s email address, you can email them by clicking on the email icon or their email address.
Option 3: Address Book button
1. Another way of searching is to click on the Address Book button.
2. You can now search the Global Address List using the Address Book window as described in Option 1 step 2.